Featured on Yahoo
A study by skincare brand Avene found that nearly half of women in the UK are affected by adult acne, while according to another study, 45% of acne sufferers feel unattractive.
Extreme acne can lead to loss of confidence and low self-esteem. What’s more, if it is left untreated, the condition can leave life-long scars, so it is important to get on top of acne.
Dr Barbara Kubicka shared her advice for Yahoo Blog on the 7 Tips I’ve Learnt To Help Keep My Problem Skin Under Control (For Now).
The blogger’s 7 tips were:
- Identifying You Have A Problem – This is the first step to sorting out some kind of action plan
- Taking Time To Focus On A Skincare Routine – always removing makeup at the end of the day
- Re-Evaluating Your Diet And Exercise Regime – Exercising is good for your skin as it boosts blood flow around the body. Drink lots of water and focus on a healthy diet. Dr Barbara Kubicka said:
“Fresh vegetables are good for skin – just fresh products basically. Anything you can eat that’s not processed.”“Extra Virgin Olive Oil is also good for slow-cooking or using coconut oil for frying. Fish is also a really good source of Omega-3, which is great for skin, and Vitamin B.”
- Regular Facials – including extraction (professional treatment for blackheads/spots)
- Using Products With As Fewer Chemicals As Possible – Dr Kubicka advises against harsh and heavy products:
“What happens is when the acne starts, we try to cover it but then the skin can’t breathe and it just builds up.”
“People usually use skincare products that are too strong and too heavy and products that contain a lot of additives, including petrolatum, glycerin and mineral oils.”
“You’d be surprised at how many products actually contain stuff like this. If we have problems with our skin, we use even stronger products, which aggravates it even more.”
- Targeting Your Specific Skincare Concerns – a professional skin analysis means you can choose the right products
- Consistency, Consistency, Consistency – if you find a routine that works for your skin then make sure you stick to it
Acne Treatments London
Dr Kubicka founded Clinicbe to offer a new holistic approach to skincare treatments; treating the patient as a whole in order to get the best possible results from any treatments they may have. Private consultations include individual advice on nutrition and lifestyle to help tackle skincare issues such as acne from within and compliment professional treatments.
In addition, Dr Kubicka can prescribe or recommend the most appropriate professional skincare for use at home and fully understand the impact of any previous or ongoing acne medication.
Treatments that can help improve acne include:
The clinic is conveniently situated on the border of Knightsbridge and is popular with those that live and work in the West London area, including Chelsea, Kensington and Mayfair.
For further information or to arrange a confidential consultation, please contact us: