Article featured in The London Economic
clinicbe founder Dr Barbara Kubicka regularly writes for a number of London based publications and websites, including The London Economic.
She shares her expertise, knowledge and advice on a wide range of beauty, skin care and health related issues.
Her latest article is entitled: Winter Proof Your Skin.
This informative feature explains why the change in climate from summer to winter is so hard on skin and what we can do about it.
The onset of autumn is the precursor to winter and our skin can be very quick to pick up on these signals.
Skin that has become accustomed to a pleasant warmth and humidity can find the change in temperatures a shock, causing problems from patchy dryness to breakouts of spots and acne that defy logic.
Skin can feel dry and tight and lack radiance.
Lips can become chapped and dry too and the hands can also suffer from exposure to the elements.
Winter Skincare Tips
The article starts with practical everyday advice about how to keep the skin in good health to prepare it for the onslaught of winter:
- Review the condition of your skin and correct any issues such as sun damage or pigmentation as these tend to look worse over the winter
- Never think that the sun is no longer a risk – use a high SPF sunscreen daily all year round
- Hydrate from within by drinking plenty of water to plump out skin cells and enable the skin’s natural metabolic processes to continue unimpaired
- Retain moisture with a decent moisturising cream. As well as the face, consider hands and lips too and always carry hand cream and lip balm
- Exfoliate regularly to keep skin looking radiant as well as keeping cell renewal ticking over
Top Treatments for Winter
- Chapped lips – Injectable lip enhancement such as Juvederm Smile and Hydrate can add moisture and help your body to retain it too
- Thread veins – These can be triggered by cold weather, but electrolysis, laser or injections are effective treatment options
- Dry skin – Professional cosmetologist facials are not just about relaxation, they can nourish the skin leaving it feeling fabulous
Dr Kubicka offers a range of cutting edge skin treatments for a range of conditions, but her success is based on her unique approach to integrating skin and health care so that the patient receives treatment and advice for the best results ‘inside and out’.
That’s why private consultations include individual advice on nutrition and lifestyle to help tackle skincare issues from within and compliment professional treatments.
Popular treatments include wrinkle-relaxing injections and facial fillers as well as mesotherapy and dermaroller.
For further information or to arrange a confidential consultation, please contact us on 0207 125 0521 or email email@example.com