If you are struggling to reconcile dreams of a bikini body with the appearance of lumpy cellulite, do not fear. There are diy and professional treatments that can help.
What is Cellulite?
Firstly, it helps to understand what cellulite is. It sounds like a medical condition, but unfortunately, cellulite is literally just pockets of fat beneath the skin which push against connective tissue, causing the skin to appear bumpy and puckered. Even slim people can suffer from cellulite (as close up pics of super models have revealed!).
But while cellulite is of no medical concern, it is certainly unsightly and many people would like to get rid of it, especially before a holiday in the sun.
What Influences Cellulite?
Factors that influence how much cellulite you have and how visible it is include:
- Total body fat – being overweight makes cellulite more likely
- Being female – it is more common among women than men
- Genetic predisposition – if others in the family have cellulite, you are more likely to be prone
- Poor diet
- Fad dieting
- Slow metabolism
- Lack of physical activity
- Hormone changes
- Thickness and color of your skin – cellulite tends to be more noticeable on light coloured skin
The first place to start in trying to improve cellulite is with the basics:
- healthy diet – not eating to excess, reducing fat and sugar, plenty of salad and fresh veg
- hydration – ensuring you do not dehydrate, so the body can work to optimum levels
- exercise – to reduce excess body fat and toning the areas
A review of nutrition and lifestyle can be very helpful in isolating opportunities for improvement.
Yet there are also professional treatments that can get rid of cellulite on thighs and buttocks.
Body Toning Treatment
The new body toning treatment at Clinicbe can be customised to target cellulite by looking to improve the tone, texture and firmness of the skin for a smoother shape, targeting patches of cellulite. The personalised treatment will combine a series of stages and might include detoxification, body brushing, chemical peel, body wrap, radio frequency, massage, dermaroller.
clinicbe’s latest laser lipo technology combines low level laser diode fat reduction with infra-red vacuum massage and radiofrequency skin tightening for maximum results.
This non-invasive procedure has been proven to remove fat deposits from the body and improve the appearance of the skin and cellulite.
Mesotherapy injections can be used to break down areas of cellulite, stimulating healing in the skin and bringing about an improvement in its appearance. This treatment can be combined with laser lipo for enhanced results.