The way in which we care for our bodies really can have a significant bearing on our appearance, a fact which most skin practitioners overlook in favour of the quick-fix injections.
Leading Knightsbridge doctor, Dr Barbara Kubicka MD, works with people from all walks of life. While most are initially seeking her cosmetic treatments as a renowned Aesthetic Physician, Dr Kubicka believes in beauty inside and out.
This is why a skin consultation with Dr Barbara Kubicka includes detailed review of contributory factors such as diet, hydration, exercise, work, rest, stress and general lifestyle.
Top Tips for Healthy Skin
Dr Kubicka’s top tips won’t just help your skin to glow with health, they can also benefit general health ad fitness, including body shape and functions.
- Eat well – plenty of good quality fruit and veg will ensure a good intake of vitamins. It also reduces your appetite for chocolate or fatty snacks, helping to keep the body fitter and in good shape
- Hydrate – drinking water instead of tea or coffee is far more beneficial to the functioning of the organs and circulation. Remember, for every cup of coffee our body needs five glasses of water to balance it out.
- De-stress – modern life is busy and frantic with work and home demands. Try to identify the causes of stress – awareness and understanding any problem is a first step to dealing with it. Take time out to do something for yourself that will give you pleasure and that’s good for you too, such as a facial or massage. Don’t be tempted to use alcohol or food to unwind, treating yourself to a healthy and wholesome activity is far more effective
- Keep active – exercising boosts the metabolism and burns calories to combat winter weight gain. It also tones muscles for a leaner physique and has a series of health benefits too – plus activity increases level of serotonin which works as a natural antidepressant for a feel-good factor
- Rest well – getting enough sleep is a vital part of healthy living and our bodies seem to value it even more in winter. Don’t be afraid to schedule in early nights and restful weekends
- Be sensible – don’t aim too high in making drastic lifestyle changes. Pick one change at a time, as it takes six weeks to change a habit and create a healthy one instead
- Replace rather than give up – our body and mind does not like emptiness. Make it work for you, not against you.
- Professional help – get the help you need to move on with a healthier lifestyle, for example, a personal trainer or nutritionist. Professional treatments are there to make your life easier. Using the help available to you is a sign of a victorious mentality and not a result of weakness
- Fun – make changes in a way that you find fun and pleasurable. It needs to become your new lifestyle, so you’ll have more of a chance to maintain it if you like it.
- Treat the cause – rather than fight the symptom. A proper medical assessment may reveal hormonal abnormalities underlying difficulties maintaining a healthy weight. That’s why the integrated medical and healthcare approach is so important
A healthy lifestyle is the first and most important step to looking and feeling good. It sets the right foundation for any external improvements that might be considered.
For a bit of extra assistance, modern Aesthetic Medicine now offers a host of solutions to help clients improve their body shape or skin.
- cosmetic skin treatments to tackle the signs of ageing such as wrinkles or lack-lustre skin
- medical skin treatments to get on top of any conditions which are affecting the skin
- body shaping treatments to help tone and contour the body, targeting trouble-spots
- cosmetology treatments to condition the skin
Dr Kubicka’s success is based on her unique approach to integrating skin and health care so that the patient receives treatment and advice for the best results ‘inside and out’. After a comprehensive skin consultation, she offers a range of cutting edge skin treatments for a range of conditions.
For further information or to arrange a confidential consultation, please contact us on 0207 125 0521 or email email@example.com