clinicbe’s Dr Barbara Kubicka is now a regular contributor to The London Economic, where she comments and writes about the very latest in beauty, skin care and health related issues.
Her latest article is entitled: Future Beauty Innovations And Trends.
A look at what’s new in the world of aesthetic treatments, the article reviews two of the latest treatments available to tackle the signs of ageing.
The Exquisite Facial is Dr Barbara Kubicka’s own exclusive creation. After taking delivery of the latest IPL equipment last year, Dr Kubicka has seen excellent results in combining Intense Pulsed Light treatment with chemical peels. A course of special skin peels is used to prepare the skin, providing intense exfoliation and whisking away dead skin cells to allow the IPL to penetrate readily for maximum impact. The Exquisite Facial is especially recommended for treating the signs of sun damage such as pigmentation, fine lines and skin texture.
The Silhouette Soft is a trademarked non-surgical thread lift system using patented resorbable collagen-stimulating cones on sutures (‘threads’). In a relatively short procedure in clinic, the sutures are fitted and manipulated in order to provide a lifting effect which redefines a more youthful facial shape, providing a sharper chin and jawline as well as smoother looking skin.
Everyday Tips for Youthful Skin
Dr Barbara Kubicka believes that professional skin treatments such as these should not be relied upon when there is so much benefit to be gained from healthy diet, lifestyle and good daily skincare. She advocates an ‘integrated approach to skin and healthcare’.
In the London Economic, she shares 5 tips for youthful skin:
- Sun protection – this is always the number one tip for preserving healthy and youthful skin. Avoid the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays by staying out of the sun, covering up or using a good quality mineral sunscreen SPF50+. This isn’t just for summer but should be a good habit for every day of the year including winter
- Hydration – the body is estimated to be about 60-70% water. Dehydrated skin lacks radiance, but also means that the cells can’t renew properly and skin will appear to age more quickly. Drink plenty of pure water, avoiding caffeine and sugary drinks
- Exfoliation – removing dead cells on the skin’s surface makes it look clearer and also promotes cell growth. Professional treatments such as peels can be very effective, failing which choose a good quality scrub or peel for use at home
- Skin care products – make daily skincare regimes more intensive by choosing serums or moisturisers containing vitamins a, c, e or glycolic lactic acid
- Diet – a good diet rich in fresh veg, berries and nuts can create a glowing skin from within. Steer clear of sugary, saturated fatty diets
Integrated Skin & Health Care
Dr Kubicka’s approach to integrating skin and healthcare is designed to provide great results for her many loyal patients.
Private consultations include individual advice on nutrition and lifestyle to help tackle skincare issues from within and compliment professional treatments.
For further information or to arrange a confidential consultation, please contact us on 0207 125 0521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org