The neck is one of the biggest giveaways of a woman’s age.
This area has delicate skin yet is exposed almost as much as the face. The thinness of the skin means that it shows signs of ageing faster than the face, leading to a variety of symptoms including:
- Crepey, wrinkly skin
- Lack of tone and definition – ‘turkey neck’
- Gathering rolls of fat
Yet the neck is often left out of daily skincare with insufficient or no moisturiser applied, which only accelerates the problem.
The neck is a notoriously difficult area to treat, which is why the media love to expose celebrities whose faces look noticeably younger than their necks, thanks to surgery or nonsurgical treatments.
However, there are treatments which can quite dramatically improve the appearance of the neck area while also reducing any contrast with a younger looking face for a more holistic rejuvenation result.
3-Step Neck Treatment
Dr Barbara Kubicka, founder of Clinicbe® London, has developed her own exclusive 3-step approach for tackling the neck area:
1. Prohilo® Injections
Profhilo® is a new approach to cosmetic injections which has won awards for innovation. Profhilo® is a unique hyaluronic acid injectable product which combines a range of features which are of specific benefit to the neck area:
- Tightening loose skin – treating skin laxity
- Improving the condition of the skin, providing long-lasting hydration
- Excellent for use on body areas even with thin skin, such as the neck
- Stimulates the body’s own collagen and elastin production
- Dermal scaffold action – providing support to ‘lift’ loose skin
- Adds subtle and natural volume
2. Juvéderm® Dermal Fillers
Juvéderm® is a dermal filler, which is injected into the skin to replenish lost volume and smooth out lines and wrinkles. Its use in rejuvenating the neck is quite targeted:
- Juvéderm® injections used to tackle deeper lines and creases
- Promoting a smoother, more youthful looking skin
- Results last several months
Find out more about Juvéderm® Dermal Fillers.
A combination of Profhilo® and Juvéderm® injections can make a considerable difference to the appearance of the neck, but there is a limit to the structural lift they can deliver, especially on older skin. This is where a thread lift can be used:
- Biodegradable threads are inserted beneath the surface of the skin
- These are then manipulated for a ‘lift’ effect
- Promotes a more youthful, pointed and defined chin and jawline
- Lifting effect smoothes the skin in the neck area
- Threads promote local production of collagen and elastin for a tightening effect
Clinicbe® offer two types of thread lift:
The careful combination of these 3 steps provides for an exceptional result, leaving the neck looking rejuvenated. The results will last for many months – up to 2 years – after which point, treatment can be repeated and adjusted to take account of changes in the patient’s skin.
Skin Tag Treatment
As a final ‘finishing touch’, Dr Barbara Kubicka recommends advanced electrolysis treatment to tackle any skin tags.
Skin tags are small protruding growths of skin. They are completely harmless, but not seen as attractive. They are particularly common in the neck area, due to the abrasion of clothing and can occur singly or as a ‘crop’ of skin tags.
Advanced electrolysis is a highly efficient treatment for tackling skin tags with lasting results. This can be carried out at the same appointment as neck rejuvenation or on its own.
Skin Treatments, London
Dr Barbara Kubicka works at her own exclusive Clinicbe based in Knightsbridge offers a comprehensive range of anti-ageing and medical skin treatments for men and women who live and work in West London, including Knightsbridge, Belgravia, Sloane Square, Chelsea and Mayfair and even attracts patients from overseas.
To learn more, please contact us to arrange a private consultation to discuss your requirements in confidence and without obligation. It’s an excellent opportunity to benefit from expert advice on skincare, whatever your area of concern.
For more information or to book a private consultation with Dr Barbara Kubicka please contact us on 0207 125 0521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.