Parenting can be incredibly rewarding but it’s hard too. Poor Mum gets no chance to recover from the rigours of pregnancy and childbirth before being thrown into the demands of having a new little person to care for 24-7 with sleepless nights thrown in for good measure.
The good news is, that whatever pregnancy, childbirth and exhaustion do to your skin, there are options to improve it.
Dr Barbara Kubicka shares her tips for good skincare during pregnancy, habits which will help
Skincare During Pregnancy
Some sensible healthcare advice can help to prevent or lessen the impact of some common pregnancy skincare issues. Dr Barbara Kubicka’s skincare during pregnancy tips work on the principle that good skin should start from within:
- Good diet is essential. Avoid wanting to ‘eat for two’ as excessive weight gain will increase the risk of stretch marks, thread veins and varicose veins
- Avoid fatty or sugary foods as these can upset the balance of the skin and lead to spots and acne
- Drink a little more as your body will need it, but choose water over fizzy or caffeine based drinks
- Beware of the sun – your skin is more sensitive during pregnancy and prone to pigmentation issues such as melasma (pregnancy mask). Use of a good quality, high factor sun screen daily
- Keep the skin clean and cared for and adjust the products you normally use if there are issues. A rich serum or oil can be help if dry patches appear, while a light moisturiser is better if the skin becomes oily
- Apply baby oil or suitable moisturiser to the thighs, tummy and breasts after showering – this helps to keep skin supple and avoid stretch marks
- Professional facials can be helpful for improving the skin and tackling any issues
- Avoid injectable cosmetic treatments, plus treatments such as laser and IPL
CLINICBE SKIN TREATMENTS, LONDON
Clinicbe® in London was founded by experienced Aesthetic Physician Dr Barbara Kubicka.
Dr Kubicka takes a holistic approach to skincare treatments; treating the patient as a whole in order to get the best possible results from any treatments they may have. Private consultations often include individual advice on nutrition, hydration and lifestyle as well as professional treatments.
Advice on skin treatments is made after extensive discussion and review and suggestions are made from one of London’s best ranges of skin treatments.
Clinicbe has a comprehensive range of skin treatments including cosmetology facials, injections and the latest treatments such as pain-free mesotherapy and PRP fillers. The clinic is based in the Knightsbridge area, easily accessible from and popular with those living or working in Chelsea and Mayfair.
For further information or to arrange a confidential consultation, please contact us on 0207 125 0521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.