The décolletage is an area that is often neglected in the 20s and 30s, so the delicate skin can seem to very suddenly age by the time we reach our 40s and 50s.
The chest can receive almost as much sun as the face, yet does not have the benefit of SPF moisturiser to protect it or serums to help it recover.
This can leave the décolletage area looking suddenly wrinkly, lined, creased and saggy. By the time these signs set in, it can feel too late to do anything about it, but there’s no need to reach for the high necklines just yet – there are now a series of non-surgical treatment options which can reverse the signs of ageing for a more youthful décolletage.
6 Treatments For A Younger Looking Décolletage
- How it works – The Dermapen is a small microneedling tool which works to create tiny little wounds in the skin in order to stimulate healing and cell regeneration. This device is used for very precise treatment of skin problems.
- What it treats – Dermapen can target a variety of problems that can affect the chest area, including pigmentation (sun spots/sun damage), lines, creases and wrinkles and general saggy skin. It can also improve the appearance of acne scarring.
- How it works – Profhilo is an injectable product, but not like any ordinary dermal filler. The product is specifically designed for remodelling ageing and sagging tissue through boosting and hydrating the skin.
- What it treats – Profhilo is an excellent choice for addressing loose and sagging skin in the décolletage. It can be used to tighten and lift skin for a firmer and more youthful appearance.
- How it works – Intense Pulsed Light treatment uses specially tuned light-waves which penetrate the skin.
- What it treats – IPL has a range of benefits. The treatment gives excellent results in tackling thread veins, pigmentation and sun damage; but also works on a broader level to stimulate collagen production and cell renewal for firmer, tighter, clearer looking skin.
- How it works – Microdermabrasion is a machine-assisted treatment for intense exfoliation. At Clinicbe, the SilkPeel DermalInfusion system simultaneously delivers a soothing and therapeutic cream.
- What it treats – This treatment works to reveal fresh, clear skin in the décolletage area but also boosts cell renewal, improving the skin from the inside out, improving the texture of the skin as well as rejuvenating its appearance.
5. Dermal Filler
- How it works – Dermal fillers can be used to replenish lost volume. Dr Barbara Kubicka at Clinicbe only uses high quality, top branded, temporary dermal fillers.
- What it treats – Fillers can be used to smooth out deeper lines and creases in the chest area, but skilful use of the product can also perform a more general lifting and tightening effect too.
6. Silicone Pads
- How it works – Silicone pads are an ‘at home’ treatment which is worn overnight. They intensively hydrate the skin by trapping and drawing moisture to the skin’s surface, as well as preventing creasing/wrinkling while you sleep.
- What it treats – This treatment can help to reduce existing wrinkles and reduces the formation of décolletage wrinkles from sleeping on the side. Silicone pads also bring blood flow to the surface of the skin which can help to stimulate collagen for a more youthful-looking skin..
For best results, a number of approaches can be combined. For example, IPL to tackle sun spots and promote tightening works well alongside silicone pads worn at night to intensely hydrate the skin and help it to heal.
Book a consultation for a personal review and tailor-made décolletage treatment programme.
Skin Treatments, London
Dr Barbara Kubicka works with a team of highly proficient aesthetic nurses and therapists at her own exclusive Clinicbe based in Knightsbridge.
The clinic offers a comprehensive range of anti-ageing and medical skin treatments for men and women who live and work in West London, including Knightsbridge, Belgravia, Sloane Square, Chelsea and Mayfair and even attracts patients from overseas.
For more information or to book a private consultation with Dr Barbara Kubicka please contact us on 0207 125 0521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.