After years of taunts and comments about his premature hair loss, Wayne Rooney has become one of the most famous poster boys for hair transplantation.
Wayne Rooney is one of many men who suffer from premature hair loss. Like many others, he has the classic Male Pattern Baldness which sees a receding hairline and hair becoming wispy on the scalp. If untreated, this is a progressive condition and will ultimately result in baldness on the top of the head.
He was only 25 when he underwent his first hair transplant in 2011, but his thinning locks appeared dramatically improved in the following months. Two years later a second procedure was held after further press images showed him with thinning hair, again the results are clear to see.
Yet hair transplants are certainly not for everyone. The clinic carrying out the work has suggested that his programme of treatment would have cost over £15,000 and taken many hours of surgery, painstakingly transplanting individual hairs a follicle at a time from the back of the head to the thinner patches where it should ultimately continue to grow after a pause of a few months.
Surgery is a big commitment, but there are other options that are becoming better known and more popular.
Non-Surgical Hair Loss Treatment
Non surgical hair loss therapies offer a number of advantages to surgery:
- cheaper and quicker
- less invasive with shorter recovery times
- more natural approach, working with existing hair
- suitable for men or women
Dr Kubicka at Clinicbe in Knightsbridge offers a variety of non-surgical options to stimulate the scalp and promote healthier hair growth.
- PRP (platelet rich plasma) treatment for both men and women who experience thinning hair, receding hairline or balding on the scalp or crown uses the patient’s own plasma, purified and applied back to the area of hair loss where healing is triggered
- Mesotherapy injections into the scalp
- Vitamin supplements
- Triple Synergy Hair System, exclusive to Dr Kubicka at Clinicbe, which combines a series of therapies for the most comprehensive non-surgical approach to improving scalp health, hair retention and fullness
Belgravia Hair Loss Clinic
The offers a range of hair loss treatments at their discrete and confidential clinic based in Knightsbridge. The clinic welcomes patients who live and work in West London, including Knightsbridge, Chelsea and Mayfair and even attracts patients from overseas for their exclusive services.
Dr Barbara Kubicka at Clinicbe® offers private consultations which include a full medical review, dietary advice and skincare consultation with comprehensive fact-based advice on skincare, treatments, lifestyle and nutrition too for the most thorough appraisal of any issues that could affect hair loss.
In addition, Clinicbe offer a wide range of anti-ageing and medical skin treatments for men and women.
For a private consultation please telephone: 0207 125 0521 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org