When the clocks go back and the weather gets warmer, we can see summer just around the corner. With the prospect of going on holiday feeling a bit closer, many people start to think about their own body shape.
For most of us, maintaining a healthy diet and regular exercise plan is one of the toughest things we have to manage. Changing body shape is a slow and gradual process and imagining that we can quickly snap into shape is not, for most of us realistic. In fact, it becomes even harder with age, stress and having children!
Even where diet and exercise do show progress, there are often trouble-spots which seem to be more of a problem than the rest – areas where the body naturally stores fat which can be naturally more resistant to diet and exercise.
Options for Tackling Fatty Deposits
- Diet and Exercise – if there is an overall excess of body weight, then you need to essentially consume fewer calories than you use in daily activities. The objective is to bring your body weight down to a normal BMI. Look online for a BMI calculator, which works out how your body weight compares to your height. Once you’re at a normal BMI, don’t allow yourself to go underweight as this is not healthy either. Maintain a BMI between 20-25. If you’re troubled by difficult ‘wobbly bits’, look at exercise regimes designed to tone muscle such as Pilates, bums n tums classes or adding in weights in the gym.
- Cosmetic Surgery might appear to be an answer to get rid of those difficult areas which are stubbornly resistant to diet/exercise. However, it is not only expensive but also we must remember surgical intervention is a medical procedure comes with a certain amount of risk and recovery implications too.
- Laser Liposuction is a non-surgical approach which is perfect for tackling the difficult areas. The latest laser technology works beneath the skin to blast away fat cells and stimulate skin tightening, leading to a smoother, firmer profile. Clinicbe have seen excellent results with the latest I-LipoXcell which has been clinically proven to reduce fat layer depth by 30% in just one treatment, although a course is normally recommended for best results.
- Aqualyx Fat Reduction Injections are another option for targeting difficult areas. The process uses injections which work to break down fatty deposits. These can be used on the face as well as the body, targeting areas from the double chin to the jelly belly.
- Body Mesotherapy is another injection-based treatment. Using a series of tiny injections into subcutaneous tissue can be used to break down even large and deep areas of cellulite and fatty deposits. The process also triggers skin tightening for a smoother looking skin. This is ideal for cellulite-prone areas such as the thighs or buttocks.
- Thread Lifting can be a very helpful option where weight loss has left looser saggy skin, such as in the tummy area. It is a much safer option than a surgical tummy tuck, but in the right patient can create a significantly lifted and smoother skin appearance, helping to improve the body shape.
- Cosmetology Treatments are our final recommendation, as these can be very effective at sculpting and refining the body. At Clinicbe, we’ve developed our own Body Blitz Toning programme which combines a chemical peel to smooth the skin, radio-frequency treatment to break down fatty deposits, micro-needling to boost circulation and stimulate cellulite and a body wrap to finish and complete. The combination of these 4 steps is designed for smoother, firmer and tighter skin, even in the wobbly bits!
Whichever route you choose, don’t be afraid to seek professional help to spring into shape for 2015. Get advice from somebody who understands what you’re trying to achieve, whether it’s a personal trainer or one of our skin and health professionals at Clinicbe.
Dr Kubicka takes a holistic approach to skincare treatments; treating the patient as a whole in order to get the best possible results from any treatments they may have. Private consultations often include individual advice on nutrition and lifestyle in order to get the best results from professional treatments.
A treatment programme is agreed according to each client’s unique requirements.
For further information or to arrange a confidential consultation, please contact us on 0207 125 0521 or email email@example.com