Tips for Great-Looking Skin From the Inside Out
At this time of year especially, if you are not in good health yourself, it can show in your skin. Quite simply, your skin can never look healthy if you aren’t. So taking sensible, healthy measures is the first step to having that elusive glow for Christmas and the New Year.
Here are our top tips:
- Consider a flu jab to minimise the risk of contracting flu. Some people qualify for a flu immunisation on the NHS, but otherwise these can be arranged privately at many pharmacies or GPs around London
- Eat well – plenty of good quality fruit and veg will ensure a good intake of vitamins, which is very helpful to fending off coughs and colds. It also reduces your appetite for chocolate or fatty snacks, helping to keep the body fitter and in good shape
- Hydrate – drinking water instead of tea or coffee will help to keep the body going and is vital to the functioning of the organs. In addition, well-hydrated skin always looks fresher and more ‘glowy’ – a doctor or beautician can often tell by your skin that you are thirsty!
- Keep active – exercising regularly boosts the metabolism, aids immunity, tones muscles, helps to avoid winter weight gain and has a series of long-term health benefits. Plan a lunchtime walk of 20 minutes a day and you will feel the difference
- Rest well – when we are tired, we are far more susceptible to catching illnesses. Never underestimate the misery of a cold… Getting enough sleep and rest is a vital part of fighting off illness, so ensure that you don’t burn the candle at both ends by scheduling in rest days and early nights
Dr Kubicka offers a range of cutting edge skin treatments for a range of conditions, but her success is based on her unique approach to integrating skin and health care so that the patient receives treatment and advice for the best results ‘inside and out’.
That’s why private consultations include individual advice on nutrition and lifestyle to help tackle skincare issues from within and compliment professional treatments.
For further information or to arrange a confidential consultation, please contact us on 0207 125 0521 or email email@example.com