October 2013 is Breast Cancer Awareness month and the charity are urging women to go makeup free in order to raise funds. Ladies can dare to bare for a day, week or even a month in return for sponsorship in this year’s campaign.
It’s hoped the campaign will become as popular as ‘Movember’, which sees men grow a moustache for one month only.
A number of celebrities are already showing their support – The Apprentice’s Luisa Zissman and Made in Chelsea’s Binky Felstead have already tweeted images of their fresh faces to promote the Cancer Awareness campaign.
But for those used to having a layer of magic to improve their appearance, what are the secrets to looking good without makeup?
- The first and most important aspect is to make sure the skin is in good healthy condition. This means keeping it clean and hydrated – hydration from the inside (drinking plenty of water) and outside (by using a good moisturiser).
- Protecting the skin from the sun is a must – especially for those that may have relied on SPF foundations for protection
- You don’t necessarily need makeup to hide imperfections – modern cosmetic treatments can help
- Tackle acne with pure light acne treatment
- Tackle lines and wrinkles with botox injections
- Consider dermal fillers to smooth out deeper creases
- Ensure that lips look luscious and hydrated with lip enhancement
- Improve the condition of the skin with dermaroller or mesotherapy
- Promote a more even skin-tone with IPL laser treatment, which can tackle pigmentation issues, sun-spots or thread veins for a clearer complexion
- Create a healthy ‘glow’ with exfoliation – a medical chemical peel will sweep away the top dead layers of skin and promote cell renewal too
Dr Kubicka founded Clinicbe to offer a unique approach to skincare treatments; looking at the patient’s skincare issues inside and out.
Dr Kubicka also offers a range of top brand skincare products to complement her cosmetic injections and skin treatments. Her holistic philosophy extends to also considering nutrition and lifestyle advice for the best possible results. The principle is that combining professional treatments with good regular skincare and sensible diet and lifestyle advice will give the best results in maintaining youthful and healthy looking skin.
Popular treatments at Clinicbe include Botox injections and dermal fillers as well as mesotherapy and dermaroller.
For further information or to arrange a confidential consultation, please contact us: